Unplug, Connect, Try New Things
As educators, parents, and former summer camp directors, we’ve been there. We’ve worried about the amount of screen-time we allow our children. We’ve struggled to balance our kids’ extracurriculars with their homework and our own commitments.
What Are Some of the Challenges Facing Families Today?
When it comes to parenting, we want to give our children the independence to learn and grow, but enough support to guide them when they need us. This, of course, is easier said than done. Parents cope with a number of obstacles in their daily lives:
- Technology overload. Although we live in digital times, we want our children to put down their screens and engage in meaningful face-to-face interactions. It’s only natural to worry when it seems like they find technology more appealing than the world around them.
- Trouble connecting. The modern family is admittedly busy, with all members navigating their own jam-packed schedules. The mounting pressure of our kids’ extracurricular activities, academic assignments, and our own career obligations can make it difficult to connect with one another.
- Lack of family time. Being busy leaves little opportunity for family time. In addition to concerns involving their kids, parents also tell us they are frustrated by the lack of time they have for themselves. This makes perfect sense, as we adults need to recharge every once in a while in order to truly be there for our children.
In short, parents today grapple with many of the same issues. We believe the solution is to get away with your family and spend time in new, and breathtaking environments, where you can be active and try new things together.
How Can Quimby Country Strengthen Your Family Bond?
The distractions at home make it hard for us to foster the crucial connections we so crave. Quimby Country allows the whole family to unplug and reconnect in a scenic outdoor setting. At our resort, you can strengthen your family bond by:
- Sharing experiences. Quimby Country makes it easy to come together, enjoy shared experiences like paddling and wildlife viewing, and explore the picturesque surroundings. You can also spend quality time together by the fire, or over a hearty meal all the while not having to worry about cooking or cleaning.
- Taking risks. Parents and children can learn and grow by taking risks together. And Quimby Country offers ample opportunity to try new things. From fly-fishing to archery, and from mountain biking to hiking, Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom is an ideal setting for activities the whole family can enjoy.
- Letting go. Our desire to maintain a sense of control is part of our DNA as parents. And while it isn’t entirely negative, a taste of independence can help teach our children responsibility. The counselor program at Quimby Country encourages kids to roam freely while building relationships of trust with adult mentors.
Ultimately, the natural wonders of Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom provide real opportunities for growth. At Quimby Country, we take pride in offering an immersive solution to the challenges facing families today.
Are you looking for an all-inclusive family vacation, where your family can unplug, connect with others in a beautiful and active environment?