A place like Quimby Country allows the whole family to get away, unplug, and have a shared experience where everyone can learn new things together – distractions, whether unavoidable or intentional make it so hard for families these days to make those crucial connections. At Quimby Country, it is hard to find distractions as the experience is designed to bring families together and provide opportunities to explore, learn and connect.
At Quimby’s, we believe the best way to continue to grow and learn, no matter how old you are, is to try new things and take risks. At Quimby’s there are plenty of opportunities to try new things, from learning how to fly fish to shooting an arrow to going mountain biking to canoeing down the Connecticut River.
During the day children participate in our counselor program, where they aren’t always in the presence of their parents. They have the opportunity to try new things and explore newfound interests, and maybe most importantly they get the opportunity to develop independence.
Quimby Country wants to be part of the solution, we want to help provide a place for families, where they can get away, unplug, connect and grow together. Join Us!
Our rates include your own private cottage overlooking Forest Lake, with full bath, living room, woodstove, and porch. Many of our cottages also include full kitchens; small refrigerators are available for all. Guests enjoy complimentary use of our canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, and rowboats (with trolling motors) on Forest Lake, Great Averill, and Little Averill Lakes. Use of our clay tennis court, recreation hall, and the main lodge with fireplace, and library are also included.
Our full Quimby’s experience includes sit-down meals in our comfortable dining room, as well as a lakeside barbecue and a lobster bake, weather permitting. Picnic lunches are available for those on the go. Tea and coffee are served every afternoon. Guests enjoy access to all our facilities and recreational equipment, including boats. Plus, our trained camp counselors arrange complimentary daytime and evening programs for kids between four and fourteen, allowing parents to relax at the beach knowing their kids are in caring, competent hands. Click here to learn what a day at Quimby looks like.
In addition to our traditional counselor-led activities, we’ve lined up a number of new off-campus guided outings with selected local partners. From fly-fishing and canoeing to rock climbing and mountain biking, these optional activities will be led by local experts at a special price available to our Quimby Country guests. Learn More
Summer Season stays are for a minimum of 7 days. But we will sometimes book a shorter term stay if a cottage becomes available as much as 90 days out, so please check with us. And we’re happy to add families to our waiting list. Call 802-822-5533 or email info@QuimbyCountry.com for more information. Prices below do not reflect Vermont’s 9% Rooms and Meals Tax.
Summer All Inclusive One-Week Family Vacation
July 6th – August 17 (6wk season)
|July 6th – Aug 10th||Aug 10th- 17th|
|Adult per night||$230||$209|
|Child (12-15) Per night||$210||$180|
|Young Child (3-11) per night||$130||$120|
|Rate per week (per person)||$910 – $1,610||$840-1,463|
|Children under 3 stay for free|
Email or call us to learn more about our ‘Get Acquainted‘ discounts – potential savings up to 15%
To learn more, fill out our registration form and we’ll be back in touch with you to help you plan your vacation!
Click to learn more and read Ian Aldrich’s (Yankee Magazine writer) account of his time at Quimby’s with his son during our 2018 summer season. https://newengland.com/yankee-magazine/travel/vermont/quimby-country-family-resort/
Our all-inclusive family vacation package no-fuss rate includes all this and more!
- Your own cottage with separate bedroom(s) for children, bath and daily housekeeping.
- All meals – breakfast, lunch (or picnic baskets, if you prefer) and dinner.
- Exceptional counselor service for the whole family
- Infant and Toddler care available
- Sports – tennis, extensive water sports: sailing, kayaking, canoeing, paddleboards and rowboats, biking , plus guided mountain bike trips, volleyball, archery, day hikes, arts&crafts etc.
- Quimbledon – family tennis tournament
- Quimby Family Olympics
- Informal evening entertainment – square dance, campfire, bingo, adult cocktail party, etc
- Learn more about the Additional Guided Activities we offer at Quimby’s
Five Reasons to vacation at Quimby’s with your kids:
- Unplug.We live in digital times, but kids and parents both need to turn away from their screens and engage in meaningful face-to-face interactions. Quimby’s has no cell service, limited Wi-Fi, and no TVs.
- Connect with your kids. Quimby’s activities and environment gives you opportunities to interact with your kids on a level playing field, learning new things and having fun together.
- Take risks. Parents and children can learn and grow by taking risks together. And Quimby Country offers ample opportunity to try new things. From fly-fishing to archery and from mountain biking to hiking. Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom is an ideal setting for activities the whole family can enjoy.
- Let go. The desire to maintain a sense of control is part of our DNA as parents. But a taste of independence can help teach our children responsibility. The counselor program at Quimby Country encourages kids to roam freely under watchful eyes, while building relationships of trust with adult mentors.
- Time for yourself.Your kids’ academic assignments, extracurricular activities, and your own career obligations leave you with little time for yourself. Quimby’s balances counselor-led activities for kids and family with ample free time for adults, whether spent alone, with your spouse, or with other grownups.
Up to 15 % off if you share a cabin with another family – applicable only during the All Inclusive Season (July 6- Aug. 17)
Share Quimby and receive 5% off your bill and 5% off referred parties bill
Check out our Specials and Package Page for more discounts!
Reservations during our All Inclusive Weeks run from Saturday to Saturday and rates are set based upon full-week stays for at least two guests in the cottage. But we will sometimes book a shorter term stay if a cottage becomes available as much as 90 days out, so please check with us. Stays of less than a full week will be charged at a daily rate. Single occupants of cottages during Peak Summer Season will also be charged at a daily rate. Call 802-822-5533 or email info@QuimbyCountry.com for more information
A 40% deposit is required for reservations with the balance due upon arrival.
Cancellation Policy (All-Inclusive Family Camp)
If you cancel your reservation 2-months or more prior to your scheduled arrival, your payment will be refunded except for a $250 cancellation fee per cottage.
If you cancel your reservation within 2-months of your scheduled arrival, your payment will be forfeited unless Quimby’s is able to rebook your cottage. In that event, your payment will be refunded less a $250 service charge per cottage.
However, in any case, if you choose to apply your payment to the following season, your entire payment will be credited to your account with no service charge. You may only carry over your payment for one year.
We want our guests to be as comfortable as possible. So if you have requirements our online system can’t handle, such as reserving a cottage with a kitchen or specific sleeping arrangements, please call us at 802-822-5533 or email Info@QuimbyCountry.com. Thanks.